My two favorite things: real estate and interior desing. Ok I also love pizza and netflix. I've been trying to figure out an organic way to combine real estate and interior design for a long time now. I never wanted to promote myself too much and for it to feel forced as I am a real estate agent, but I feel like the two go hand in hand. Because of my job I get to see cool awesome houses ALL THE TIME. Because my clients know I'm into design they always ask me what I would do when touring a home that needs a little love. Immediately I start talking about taking down walls, flooring choices, how to orient furniture, etc. My clients probably get sick of me sending them pictures of beautiful interiors to show how a house can come alive.
Very recently I was helping a good friend look for homes when we went to coffee after touring some really cool homes in Oak Cliff. We immediately got out our phones and started pinning what we would do to the house. That got the ideas flowing and I came up with this blog series! The idea is I find cool houses that need a little love around DFW and then show you what I would do to it. Pretty simple, here we go.
This is the Ramsey House. Its in my FAVORITE Oak Cliff neighborhood Beckley Club Estates. Just think rolling hills, trees, and wild peacocks. The house felt like this secluded cabin on a hill so I wanted to go with that and do a modern rustic theme for the house. Lets get into it.
I'm so in love with this living room. I love that it feels dramatic and yet comfy at the same time. I've never been much of a dark green person, but boy is this set up changing my mind.
1. Couch from West Elm. Really digging the lines and green color on this couch.
2. Sconces to highlight the art and bring in some more light sources. I like the idea of keeping all the lighting black to bring the dramatics.
3. Love that dramatic vintage art print from Chairish.
4. Mid century rectangle wood coffee table
5. Modern black pendant/chandelier
6. Bring in some lightness with white mid century accent chairs
7. Mix of global pillows, leather, and pink accents.
8. I love a cowhide rug. It pretty much goes with any style and is a good budget option for a rug.
9. MCM credenza for across the sofa.
10. Will the round mirror ever go out of style?
11. Bring in some white to tie in the white mcm chairs with a tall boy dresser for extra storage.
12. Get funky with a vintage weaving.
1. This kitchen needs reclaimed wood cabinets. NEED
2. Open shelving is a must. Open shelving overfilled with neutral color ceramics
3. Beautiful concrete tiles from Cle Tile
4. Bring in some glam to the backsplash with these tiles from Cle
5. Pop of color with this over the sink light
6. A vintage inspired sink
7. Rustic bar stools
8. Leather hardware
9. Kitchen faucet
10. Always need some art in the kitchen
Molly Mathias is a Texas Realtor with Joe Atkins realty. License #0653293